Torrent sites are a great way to find and download files such as movies, TV shows, games, music, software programs, and more. But with the popularity of these sites comes many dangers that could cause you to get in trouble if you don’t use them properly. This blog post will go over what you need to know about torrents and how they work so that you can stay safe while using them.
Things To Be Aware Of When Using Torrents
- Use a good antivirus in your computer to protect you from malware. You can also try adaway in your android for blocking ads in free apps safely.
- Always pick the verified torrent links when downloading anything. The verified torrent links will have a green shield with Check on it.
- Always read comments before downloading any file. If the words are too good, they are probably fake comments to trick you into downloading something that would harm your computer or personal data.
- Do not download anything without checking the size of the file first with the actual size.
- You can try and use Google’s public DNS address 22.214.171.124 to access the website because sometimes these sites get disabled by mistake, which might help you access them.
- Be careful what you download, especially with free downloads from sketchy websites. Use a download manager to avoid installing unwanted programs and files. Ask for assistance from tech-savvy friends, family members, or co-workers when in doubt.
Or click here for a safe torrent experience. Also, you want to implement the following steps to make sure you are downloading only safe content on your pc:
It would be best to use a VPN while downloading torrents, whether the site has been blocked or not. It will ensure your online privacy and anonymity, but remember to choose your service wisely because not all VPN providers are trustworthy. Use a good VPN service like Hotspot shield, which can help you browse anonymously and keep your identity completely secure. A VPN service encrypts your data and then sends it via a secure tunnel to the VPN server. VPN gives you a coat of invisibility while you torrent. So, if anyone is trying to track your identity, they will get decrypted data from another user and not yours.
2. Torrent sites are made for the P2P sharing of files between users:
There is a whole alternate universe outside the internet that you have never seen or heard about. But if the torrent is not legal in your country, You need the best torrent VPN with good encryption practices which hide your activity details, including IP address. Best VPNs will give you access to any torrent site without revealing your real IP, so no one can know which files you are sharing or downloading even if the government decides to investigate.
3. Use proxy:
You may want to use a free proxy before accessing the site; it should be ideal if the site has been blocked and not just slow the area too much. The other way that you can use to access torrent sites is through anonymizers or private trackers. The idea is that you don’t want your school blocking every area, but you do want them to stop the bad ones. There are probably some free ones, but it’s probably better to get a paid account with toybox or something like that because you can never be too careful, and the anonymizers many uses are probably pretty good.
4. Use TOR browser for Torrenting:
For decades, the TOR browser has been used by torrent lovers to download files anonymously. It’s a free VPN tool. It hides your original IP and encrypts the connection not to be tracked by copyright owners. But there is some limitation associated with this web application as it does not provide access only to torrent sites and some other websites. If you are looking for the best torrenting sites, this browser is not the right choice. Use the TOR browser instead of your regular web browser when you are on BitTorrent websites so that no one can track none of your online activity. Also, the TOR browser is powered by an algorithm that prevents anyone from tracking its users. You can download tor Browser for both Linux and Windows platforms. You can even use the Tails operating system with the TOR network if you are serious about your online privacy.
5. Use uTorrent instead of BitTorrent:
BitTorrent is a well-known file-sharing program where you can download media files directly from other people’s computers. BitTorrent sites are an excellent source of movies/software/music downloads for free. But with a growing number of internet users, people have started using BitTorrent to download illegal stuff like copyrighted content available on torrent sites. It has resulted in the rise of anti-piracy groups that track and report torrents to their original owner. So associating with BitTorrent sites is not a good idea if you value your privacy and online security. uTorrent is much smaller, faster, and safer than BitTorrent because it does fewer things. So there are fewer chances of getting infected.
Torrents provides you unlimited free content always available for you to download. But you must always be safe on your part and stay on guard against downloads that may harm the data on your computer or device that you are using.
Check out: What is Torrent And How Does It Works?
Source@techsaa: Read more at: Technology Week Blog