Instagram has launched a new feature, “Live Rooms,” in India. This new feature allows the user to go live with a total of four people, which means, with you, you can add up to three users in your Live video.
Live Rooms Feature Rolling Out in India & Indonesia
Live Rooms feature was first tested in India, and it is the first country where the feature is being rolled out. Instagram has noticed that the number of live streams on the app has increased by 60% on a weekly basis. All this has happened in the past few months because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In a statement, Instagram said, now users can add three other users to expand their reach on the app. In the Live session, the users can conduct talk shows, host sessions, collaborate with other artists, ask Q&As, and more.
The Vice President and a managing director, Ajit Mohan, said,
“Creators are at the forefront of pushing culture and creativity on Instagram and we’re constantly innovating to help them express themselves better. This year in particular has seen extensive use of Live, and as physical distancing norms continue, Live will remain an invaluable feature to bring friends, families and audiences together, and foster meaningful conversations. From the launch of Reels to the testing and rollout of Live Rooms, India is playing a crucial role in the way products are being designed for the future.”
Instagram said that the feature is rolling out, and it will soon be available for all Indian and Indonesian users.
How to use Live Rooms Feature on Instagram?
As the feature is new on the platform, you might don’t know how to use it. So check out the given below steps and start using the Live Rooms feature.
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your device.
- Now you need to go Live.
- For that, click on the “+” Sign on the top left, where we add stories.
- OR you can just swipe right and open the screen.
- Scroll and look for the Live option
- Tap on the circular button and go live
- Now, you are Live, and you can add up to three guests on your Live video.
- When you are Live, click on the Camera/Rooms icon.
- There you will see requests to join your live video.
- If you want to add your friends, then search for them and send a request to join.
- Add all three guests at once or can add later.
The Facebook Owned app Instagram introduced the Live feature in November 2016. Usually, the app allowed us to add the other user on Live video, but only one member can be added. But now you can go live with your three other friends and have fun.
The post Instagram Live Rooms Feature Out in India: Now Go Live with Four People appeared first on TechviralNews.